Chia Sẻ Đề thi THPT có đáp án

Chia Sẻ Đề thi THPT có đáp án

Lan Hương
Lan Hương
  • Thành viên BQT
  • Truyền thông VHT 19
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions. Question 1: A. finished B. cooked C. attended D. laughed
Question 2: A. number B. future C. furious D. amuse
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions. Question 3: A. defend B. swallow C. social D. wildlife
Question 4: A. eradicate B. alternative C. minority D. secondary
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 5: We educate our children as well as we can, because of an educated population is the key to future.
A B C D
Question 6: Under no circumstances you could betray your fatherland.
A B C D
Question 7: At least three-quarters of that book on famous Americans are about people who lived in the nineteenth century.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 8: Eating, together with chatting, listening to music ______ among the most popular activities at recess at schools in Vietnam.
A. are B. have been C. were D. is
Question 9: ______ Columbus was one of ______ first people to cross ______ Atlantic.
A. _ / the / the B. The / the / the C. _/ the / an D. _ / the /_
Question 10: Jack went to the party, wearing a ______ tie.
A. lovely red woolen B. red lovely woolen C. woolen lovely red D. red woolen lovely
Question 11: Jack Ma or Ma Yun, ______ parents are traditional musician-storytellers, is the founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group, a family of highly successful Internet-based businesses. A. that B. whom C. who D. whose
Question 12: Facebook's terms of use state that members must be ______ least 13 years old with valid email ID’s.
A. without B. of C. at D. on
Question 13: ______ there have been many changes in his life, he remains a nice man to everyone.
A. However B. Although C. Because D. Despite
Question 14: Her brother was offered the manager's job, but he______. He said he didn't want the responsibilities.
A. turned it off B. turned it down C. threw it away D. put it off
Question 15: Nguyen Thi Anh Vien is a Vietnamese Olympian and ______ record-holder for swimming.
A. nation B. internation C. nationality D. national
Question 16: It doesn't matter to me one way or another, but I wish you would at least ______ an effort at seeing his side of it.
A. make B. do C. doing D. making
Question 17: In some countries, on moral ______ that education should not be taxed, there is no tax on books.
A. idea B. principle C. reason D. concept
Question 18: Farmers collect household and garden waste to make ______.
A. floor coverings B. glassware C. compost D. Pipes
Question 19: Claire wanted to know what time ______.
A. do the banks close B. the banks closed C. did the banks close D. the banks will close
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Question 20: Tom is moving the table. Select the most suitable response. Tom: "______" Mary: "Yes, of course."
A. You won't help me this time. B. You'd better give me one hand. C. Could you give me a hand? D. I don't think I'll need your help.
Question 21: A group of students are discussing their plan for the weekend. Select the most suitable response.
Chung: “Can you recommend any places for this weekend?”
Tue: “______”.
A. I don’t think you could afford a tour to Ha Long Bay
B. A picnic to Khe Ro forest in Son Dong would be perfect
C. Yes, please go to other agencies
D. No, you cannot recommend any places
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 22: They tried to find a way of bettering their lives.
A. moving B. changing C. achieving D. improving
Question 23: Adverse reviews in the New York press may greatly change the prospects of a new Broadway production.
A. subversive B. unfavorable C. encouraging D. additional
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 24: I have a modest little glass fish tank where I keep a variety of small fish.
A. moderate B. limited C. conceited D. excessive
Question 25: The President expressed his deep sorrow over the bombing deaths.
A. sadness B. passion C. happiness D. regret
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
Question 26: “You broke my glasses.” said the woman to me.
A. The woman insisted on breaking her glasses.
B. The woman advised me to break her glasses.
C. The woman told me to break her glasses.
D. The woman blamed me for breaking her glasses.
Question 27: We’d better leave right away as the traffic will be heavy at this hour.
A. We mustn’t leave it too late as the roads are likely to be busy for the next hour.
B. The roads are busy at this time of day, so we ought to set off at once.
C. Let’s wait an hour so as to avoid some of the heavy traffic.
D. If we set off now, we won’t avoid most of the heavy traffic.
Question 28: Most students are aware of the importance of English.
A. Every student is aware of the importance of English.
B. All students are aware of the importance of English.
C. Not a single student is aware of the importance of English.
D. Almost all students are aware of the importance of English.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences the following questions.
Question 29: He arrived at the airport. Then he called home.
A. Calling home, he said that he had arrived at the airport.
B. No sooner had he arrived at the airport than he called home.
C. He arrived at the airport sooner than he had expected.
D. He arrived at the airport and called me to take him home.
Question 30: John Smith is a farmer. I bought his land.
A. John Smith, whose land I bought, is a farmer.
B. John Smith, who is a farmer, whose land I bought.
C. John Smith, whom I bought his land, is a farmer.
D. John Smith, a farmer, bought his land.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 31 to 35.
EXAM ADVICE
In Part Three of Speaking you work together with a partner. You have to do a single task which usually lasts about 3 minutes. One possible task is ‘problem _____(31)____’, which means you have to look at some visual information and then discuss the problem with your partner. You may be shown photos, drawings, diagrams, maps, plans, advertisements or computer graphics and it is ____(32)_____ that you study them carefully. If necessary, check you know exactly what to do by politely asking the examiner to ____(33)_____ the instructions or make them clearer. While you are doing the task, the examiner will probably say very little and you should ask your partner questions and make ____(34)_____ if he or she is not saying much. If either of you have any real difficulties, the examiner may decide to step in and help. Normally, however, you will find plenty to say, which helps the assessor to give the task by co-operating with your partner, which includes taking ____(35)_____ in giving opinions and replying appropriately, although in the end it may be possible to ‘agree to disagree’.
Question 31: A. solving B. working C. making D. finding
Question 32: A. helpful B. needed C. essential D. successful
Question 33: A. insist B. repeat C. tell D. copy
Question 34: A. ideas B. statements C. speeches D. suggestions
Question 35: A. changes B. sides C. turns D. sentences
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 36 to 42.
Ever since humans have inhabited the earth, they have made use of various forms of communication. Generally, this expression of thoughts and feelings has been in the form of oral speech. When there is a language barrier, communication is accomplished through sign language in which motions stand for letters, words, and ideas. Tourists, the deaf, and the mute have had to resort to this form of expression. Many of these symbols of whole words are very picturesque and exact and can be used internationally; spelling, however, cannot. Body language transmits ideas or thoughts by certain actions, either intentionally or unintentionally. A wink can be a way of flirting or indicating that the party is only joking. A nod signifies approval, while shaking the head indicates a negative reaction. Other forms of nonlinguistic language can be found in Braille (a system of raised dots read with the fingertips), signal flags, Morse code, and smoke signals. Road maps and picture signs also guide, warn, and instruct people. While verbalization is the most common form of language, other systems and techniques also express human thoughts and feelings.
Question 36: Which of the following best summarizes this passage?
A. When language is a barrier, people will find other forms of communication.
B. Everyone uses only one form of communication.
C. Nonlinguistic language is invaluable to foreigners.
D. Although other forms of communication exist, verbalization is the fastest.
Question 37: The word “these” in paragraph 1 refers to _____.
A. tourists B. the deaf and the mute C. thoughts and feelings D. sign language motions
Question 38: Which form other than oral speech would be most commonly used among blind people?
A. Picture signs B. Braille C. Body language D. Signal flags
Question 39: How many different forms of communication are mentioned here?
A. 5 B. 7 C. 9 D. 11
Question 40: The word “wink” in paragraph 2 means most nearly the same as ______.
A. close one eye briefly B. close two eyes briefly C. bob the head up and down D. shake the head from side to side
Question 41: What is the best title for the passage?
A. The Importance of Sign Language
B. The Many Forms of Communication
C. Ways of Expressing Feelings
D. Picturesque Symbols of Communications
Question 42: Who would be MOST likely to use Morse code?
A. A scientist B. A spy C. An airline pilot D. A telegrapher
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 43 to 50.
Simply being bilingual doesn’t qualify someone to interpret. Interpreting is not only a mechanical process of converting one sentence in language A into the same sentence in language B. Rather, it is a complex art in which thoughts and idioms that have no obvious counterparts from tongue to tongue - or words that have several meanings must be quickly transformed in such a way that the message is clearly and accurately expressed to the listener. At one international conference, an American speaker said, “You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear”, which means nothing to the Spanish audience. The interpretation was, “ A monkey in a silk dress is still a monkey” - an idiom the Spanish understood and that expressed the same idea. There are two kinds of interpreters, simultaneous and consecutive. The former, sitting in a separated booth, usually at a large multilingual conference, speaks to listeners wearing headphones, interpreting what a foreign language speaker says - actually a sentence behind. Consecutive interpretation also requires two- person teams. A foreign speaker says his piece while the interpreter, using a special shorthand, takes notes and during a pause, tells the client what was said.
Question 43: What is the purpose of the passage?
A. To differentiate between simultaneous and consecutive interpreters.
B. To state the qualifications of an interpreter.
C. To point out the importance of an interpreter.
D. To explain the scope of interpreting.
Question 44: What is a difference mentioned between a simultaneous interpreter and a consecutive interpreter?
A. The size of group with whom they work.
B. Their proficiency in the language.
C. The type of dictionary they use.
D. The money they are paid.
Question 45: A precondition of being a translator is ______
A. being able to use high-tech equipment.
B. being a linguist.
C. being bilingual.
D. working well with people.
Question 46: The word “converting” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to______.
A. changing B. concluding C. understanding D. reading
Question 47: The author implies that most people have the opinion that the skill of interpreting is______.
A. very complex and demanding B. based on principles of business C. simpler than it really is D. highly valued and admired
Question 48: The word “ rather” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to ______.
A. in brief B. on the contrary C. in general D. as a result
Question 49: Which of the following would a consecutive interpreter be used for?
A. An interpretation of a major literary work.
B. A business transaction between two foreign speakers.
C. A large meeting of many nations.
D. A transaction of a foreign book.
Question 50: The phrase “the former” refers to______
A. simultaneous interpreters B. the conference C. consecutive interpreters D. the booth

Đáp án
1c
2a
3a
4d
5c
6b
7c
8d
9a
10a
11d